Pork Filet with Apricots. Yet another use for
No precise amounts on this one. Done more by feel... I'll try
give you amounts even though I don't measure anything.. This recipe is
for one pork tenderloin. Adjust accordingley for larger amounts. One
tenderloin will feed two people with a bit left over.
1 pork tenderloin
A couple of apricots
1 clove garlic
1/4 Spanish onion
- Cut tenderloin into nice sized chunks and remove all fat
- Remove the stone from the apricots and cut into nice large
- Sautee the garlic and
onions in a bit of olive oil
- Use 'enough'
olive oil but not too much since it stays with the pork through baking
- Add pork and apricots. Pan fry 'long enough'. Maybe
7 minutes or so. Long
enough to get rid of all surface redness from the pork but not long
enough to brown it. DON'T OVERDO IT!!
- Put everything into a baking dish
- Mix 1/2 cup white wine and 1/2 cup whipping cream and pour over pork. Enough so that
pork is largely covered and is almost being poached.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 425
- Serve pork and apricots on a platter
- Reserve the liquid and serve as a sauce